Replicate or refurbish traditional metal windows
Many Grade I & II listed buildings have metal opening casements that pre date Crittall and are generally flat in profile, resting on traditional pin hinges into timber frames. In addition they often have unusual and ornate backing plates and furniture (handles, stays).
Craft Glass can refurbish or replicate (new) any or all components of a traditional single-glazed window system, and have many years of experience in managing such projects whether commercial or residential. We can supply new flat metal windows and match or create hand forged window furniture. Generally we can repair or re-create anything that might have been in place hundreds of years ago.
Our service is relatively unique in that we can effectively provide everything under one contract and company in a project that might otherwise involve quite a number of different trades. This provides our customers with a single point of contact and a high quality installation.
Examples of some of our work are pictured here, but we have many more from the hundreds of projects undertaken. See our project gallery also.
Sprung steel latch – original and hand forged replica (fitted)
Services & Capabilities
- Crittall window restoration
- Leaded Light repair and manufacture
- Traditional metal casement supply and installation
- Decorative and stained glass repairs and manufacture
- Secondary Glazing supply and installation
- Traditional Putty glazing
- Hand forged or cast furniture and bespoke parts
- Brass reproduction furniture and parts
- Single contract for complete window restoration
- Services provided throughout South of England
Grade I listed restoration, including on-site timber repairs